European Tourism Careers initiative has been developed thanks to the EU-funded project IdEATE – Improved Employability and Apprenticeship in the Tourism Sector, the selected project that allows the uptake of high quality jobs, apprenticeship and traineeship positions. As an European – wide project, IdEATE gathers different organisations and includes activities in several European countries, such as Italy, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Poland and Spain.
- improving employability of Europeans aged 16-35 years by offering a package of benefits with training contents that aims at their empowerment, fostering confidence with the European job market and broadening soft skills
- reducing asymmetry information problems for potential employers, dealing with both funding and employment issues
- promoting open dialogue and cooperation among training providers, tourism SMEs and public players, in order to support young jobseekers to be more easily employable and, in the meanwhile, helping tourism SMEs and destinations to be attractive for tourists
- fostering the image of careers in the tourism sector by a well-proven communication strategy, strongly focused on online tools and channels, and face-to-face events (a 6 country-roadshow), thus favoring interactions and multi-dimensional experiences to attract youngers to a career, apprenticeship and traineeship position in the tourism sector
- E-learning courses with a user-centered approach to actively involve the target groups to improve the qualification of human capital for the tourism sector. They will also enhance and facilitate the presentation, communication and improvement of soft skills
- Videos with a variety of interactive learning tasks such as micro-simulations, questionnaires, discussions, study relevant resources and interactions with the content. More in detail, there shall be 2 videos on European initiatives for jobs and 6 videos of testimonials and ambassadors of tourism careers
- Several events will be organized in many EU countries, strictly connected with stakeholders, with the aim of spreading the initiative and to support the policy maker at both local and national level
- Information about different European initiatives concerning mobility and funding opportunities, apprenticeships and traineeships shall be available in the toolbox
The project supports the creation a professional network specialized not only in the tourism sector in its broad meaning, but also in the different categories of jobs which are: hospitality, Food & Beverage, Tour operator, Travel agencies, attractions and recreations activities. The innovative nature of this project is embedded in a model based on a multi-sided platform which can play an innovative role in the tourism sector by taking advantage of network effects.