The Destination Management sector aims at promoting and developing the touristic component of a certain region or territory. It includes also the implementation of events, activities, tours, transportation and logistics.
The job roles within the sector require generally graduate and postgraduate qualification with a specialization in tourism management, public administration, marketing or similar. However, for some low-level professional profiles, even a more broad-based knowledge is accepted.
The group of connected occupations is the following:
- General destination manager
- Rural destination DMO manager
- Area director for sustainability
- Assistant destination manager
- Chief technical officer for sustainability
- Tourism marketing and management specialist
- Sustainability officer / project manager
- Tourism marketing specialist
- Junior researcher